The Geology & Wines of Napa Valley
April 2nd, 2022
- Expertise of tour leaders
- Meals as noted in the itinerary
- Daily wine tastings
What’s Not Included:
- Transportation to and from Napa
- Personal items such as souvenirs or wines purchased for personal use
- Other items noted as optional or not specifically mentioned as included
9:00 AM Meet in Oakville *
Review the geologic origin of Napa, the mega landslide that produced the hills in the Oakville AVA and discuss the 9 soil domains in the AVA along with a tasting.
Then move north to Calistoga to the Palisades Vineyard for a picnic lunch with wine tasting below the Palisades cliffs. We will review the volcanic geology of Calistoga, tour the heritage vineyard and examine “core stones”.
By mid-afternoon we will move to the west side of Calistoga to the Eddy Winery and vineyard and in the cave have a tasting of a variety of mountain grown Cabs, all from volcanic soils.
6:00 PM Wrap up
You might wish to have a room booked in Calistoga or elsewhere in Napa.
*Exact meeting location will be sent to you after registration.